LAWYERS FOR REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND BROKERS
We represent real estate agents and brokers in regulatory, civil, and quasi-criminal proceedings against the Real Estate Council of Ontario (“RECO”). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous regulators in Ontario and have experience defending real estate professionals against RECO. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself before the RECO Discipline Committee, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with RECO.
We can assist and act for Real Estate Agents and Brokers on a wide range of matters including:
- Responding to complaints, investigations, and inspections;
- Representing real estate agents and brokers in discipline hearings before the RECO Discipline Committee for alleged violations of the Code of Ethics;
- Representing real estate agents and brokers in hearings before the Licence Appeal Tribunal when their registration is refused, suspended, revoked, or made subject to conditions;
- Representing real estate agents and brokers in criminal and quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code, Provincial Offences Act, and Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002;
- Representing real estate agents and brokers facing applications for restraining orders in the Superior Court of Justice;
- Appealing freeze orders to the Licence Appeal Tribunal;
- Appealing Discipline Committee decisions to the RECO Appeals Committee and the Divisional Court;
- Assisting real estate agents and brokers in registration matters; and
- Advising real estate agents and brokers on compliance with Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002, the Code of Ethics, and other relevant legislation and standards.