LAWYERS FOR VETERINARIANS
We assist veterinarians facing complaints, discipline hearings, and other regulatory issues at the College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO). The lawyers at GlickLaw have acted as external legal counsel for years to numerous health colleges in Ontario and have experience representing veterinarians facing allegations of professional misconduct. Draw on our knowledge and experience to respond to complaints and investigations, defend yourself against allegations of professional misconduct, or deal with any other issue you may be facing with your regulator.
We can assist and act for Veterinarians on a wide range of issues including:
- Responding to complaints and investigations at the College of Veterinarians Complaints Committee;
- Representing veterinarians in hearings before the College of Veterinarians Discipline Committee, Registration Committee, or Accreditation Committee;
- Appealing decisions of the Discipline Committee, Registration Committee, or Accreditation Committee to the Divisional Court;
- Representing veterinarians in criminal or quasi-criminal proceedings under the Criminal Code or Provincial Offences Act;
- Representing veterinarians in applications and civil litigation before the Superior Court of Justice;
- Appealing decisions of the Complaints Committee, Registration Committee or Accreditation Committee to the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (“HPARB”);
- Assisting veterinarians in applications for registration;
- Assisting veterinarians in applications for certificates of accreditation to establish veterinary facilities;
- Advising veterinarians on compliance with the Veterinarians Act and other relevant legislation and regulations; and
- Advising veterinarians on professional practice issues, such as record-keeping, privacy and confidentiality, billing and insurance, and reporting.